Though Meditation is important for Success and Happiness in life, it unfortunately has lost its significance with the passage of time.
If unhappiness, stress, anxiety, depression, suicides etc. are increasing in the world, one of the major reasons I feel, is the reducing popularity of meditation.
I have over 25 years of professional experience at Senior Management Positions and around 12 years of meditation experience under the guidance of Osho. I have experienced both the phases in my life i.e. before I learnt meditation and after that and I see a noticeable contrast.
Whatever I have learnt & experience, I shall be sharing in this blog.
Before we proceed further, a little recap from my earlier blogs on Success & Happiness shall be useful.
Recap from my earlier blogs
- Both Success & Happiness are equally important in life and one without the other would lead to an incomplete life.
- Happiness is our ultimate need. Whatever we do in our life, the ultimate purpose is to get happiness in life.
- Continual increase in Happiness is Success
- We have various needs that satisfies the ultimate need of Happiness.
- Our needs can be classified into 7 categories: 1. Physiological Needs; 2. Need of Sense Organs & sex need; 3. Safety & Security Needs; 4. Love Needs; 5. Belongingness Needs; 6. Self Esteem Needs; and 7. Liberation Needs.
- To satisfy these needs we earn money, make house, make family, become part of society or club, polish our skills, go to picnic etc.
- Each need is associated with each chakra.
- If all the categories of needs are satisfied, then we can experience eternal Happiness. If any of the category is missed out or ignored, then our happiness & success will be momentary.
Why Meditation is Important for Success & Happiness
As earning money, making house etc. satisfies our Safety & Security needs that are associated with our Solar Plexus chakra; similarly Meditation satisfies our Liberation Needs that are associated with our Crown Chakra.
Let us try to understand from our experience.
Those people who do not have sufficient money or resources or good job etc. they are not happy. For them, it is very logical to think that they will be happy one day when they will have sufficient resources to satisfy all their needs.
You will be surprised to know that in the recent few years, since the richness & prosperity has increased; it is observed that even those people who have everything are still not happy.
I have experienced it as a counselor. Some of my clients are very rich and shared with me that they have everything that money could buy on this earth, they also have a nice & loving family; still a feeling of emptiness, unhappiness, an unknown fear is there. They can’t express it in words, cannot find a logical reason for their unhappiness, but it is there.
This happiness is because the Crown chakra needs i.e. Liberation Needs are not taken care of. Therefore, in spite of satisfying the 6 category of needs, we still have a feeling of unhappiness.
The reason of unhappiness if Liberation Needs are not satisfied
The following are the reasons of unhappiness, if Liberation Needs are not satisfied:
- Expectation or Desires
- Grudge or Hatred
Saints call them as six enemies in the path of our liberation.
Let us try to understand from our life.
We feel happy when we get money or power or position or name or respect or success or something that we desire. This means that there is a reason for our happiness.
If I ask you a question, “When were you most Happy in your life?” Many of us would say when we were a small kid.
It is surprising that we were most happy when we were a kid but at that time we neither had money nor position nor anything that are listed above. In-fact, we were dependent on our parents and elders.
Have you ever thought about it that why were you most happy as a kid?
It is because at that time we did not have any of the above six enemies (Desires, Anger, Greed, Attachment, Jealousy or Hatred). If our needs like food etc. were satisfied we were happy.
We were experiencing happiness which was without any reason. Saints call this happiness as Bliss.
How meditation helps to Satisfy Liberation Needs
Normally we have a strong association or identification with our body and mind. We feel that we are body and mind.
All our desires & expectations are to satisfy our physical or emotional needs.
When we do meditation, we start experiencing that our identity is with the consciousness and body and mind are like our assets.
More we get identified with the consciousness, our desires & expectations starts to reduce.
Once desires and expectations starts to reduce all other enemies like anger, greed, attachment, jealousy & hatred starts to reduce.
In this manner our Liberation needs start getting satisfied.
And once all the categories of needs get satisfied, we can experience eternal happiness.
“Conquer The Success” Training is designed to help you to learn to satisfy all 7 categories of needs
Conquer The Success Training has 6 modules. Each module is of 1 day.
- Module 1: Understanding Success & Happiness and move in the right direction.
- Module 2: How to take important decisions & make choices that lead us to Success.
- Module 3: How to implement the decision. Because, planning followed by implementation leads to Success, else Depression.
- Module 4: How to keep your self Healthy.
- Module 5: How to keep cordial relations with family, friends & at workplace.
- Module 6: How to be happy, joyful & celebration in life through meditation.
Please visit Conquer The Success Training for more details about the training.
Should you have any queries, please join our Discussion Forum and post your queries there. We shall take them up.
We invite you to attend Conquer The Success Training. I can assure you that these 6 days will transform your life and take it to new heights of Success & Happiness.
Wish you a life full of Success & Happiness.
With best regards,
Dr. Pankaj Gupta
CEO, Conquer The Success