Depression is one of the major reasons of bad health, psychosomatic problems & disabilities across the globe.
World Health Organization (WHO) Statistics
- More than 300 million people are suffering from depression worldwide.
- More than 18% increase since 2005 to 2015.
- Lack of support for people with mental disorders, coupled with a fear of stigma, prevent many from accessing the treatment they need to live healthy, productive lives.
- WHO launched a full year campaign “Depression: Let’s Talk”; with a mission that more people with depression, everywhere in the world, both seek and get help.
What is Depression?
As per the dictionary definition, Depression is a feeling of sadness or a type of medical illness that causes long periods of unhappiness.
Signs / Symptoms of Depression?
Some of the symptoms of depressions are:
- Constant feeling of sadness, hopelessness and worthlessness and/ or guilt.
- Decrease in the level of energy.
- Lack of sleep.
- Change in eating habits.
- Laziness, procrastination, postponement & lack of interest in routine activities.
- Irritating behavior
- Last but not the least; The thought of suicide.
Difference Between Anxiety & Depression
There is a slight difference between Anxiety & Depression.
- Anxiety: When we need to take the decision and whether it is right or not will be validated in future. Then in the present, while taking the decision, the feeling is known as Anxiety. In anxiety, there is a HOPE FROM THE FUTURE, but the choice creates Anxiety.
- Depression: When there is no hope from future. No options available which seems to give us success, leads to Depression. In depression, there is NO HOPE FROM FUTURE.
Depression is curable
Depression can be cured through:
- Understanding Depression. Please see the video below to understand depression.
- Individual counseling.
- Behavior therapies.
Depression Treatment Through Training, Counseling & Therapy
We provide complete treatment of depression (without medicines) through Training, Counseling & Behavior Therapy.
Please see the video below to understand depression better. You may Subscribe to the Youtube Channel for more videos.
If you have any queries, please Sign Up our Discussion Forum and post your query there. Will personally take up your question.
We will soon come with more details about depression in our upcoming blogs.
Wish you a life full of Success & Happiness,
Dr. Pankaj Gupta